Your Top Choice for Minor Burn Treatment in Chicago, IL
If you need treatment for a minor burn in the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, turn to the team of professionals at Jovive Health. We have extensive experience administering minor burn treatment, and we will supply you with the prompt and professional care you deserve.
What Does Minor Burn Treatment Involve?
First- and second-degree burns—which can produce pain, redness, dryness, swelling, and blisters—are considered minor and can generally be treated at home. You should:
- Hold your burn under cool running water or against a cool, wet compress
- Apply moisturizing lotion to the area around the burn (try to find one that contains aloe vera)
- Loosely bandage the area using sterile gauze
- Take over-the-counter pain medication as directed
- Avoid popping any blisters
However, if you are experiencing severe pain, signs of infection, or symptoms that do not improve after 48 hours, or if your burn is more than 3 inches wide or located on your face, hands, genitals, buttocks, feet, or over a major joint, then you should promptly seek professional minor burn treatment. At Jovive Health, we may treat your minor burn by:
- Disinfecting the area
- Applying a cream or ointment
- Bandaging the wound
- Prescribing antibiotics or pain medication
- Administering a tetanus shot
Get the Minor Burn Treatment You Need Today
One of the benefits of choosing Jovive Health for minor burn treatment is that we are open seven days a week. Visit our clinic in the South Loop neighborhood of Chicago, IL, today—you can choose whether to walk in or book a same-day reservation.