You’ve been looking forward to seeing your friends and family for weeks, months, or maybe even an entire year, so the last thing you want to deal with is getting sick while traveling to your get-together. Luckily, whether you’re traveling by plane, train, or automobile, there are numerous steps you can take to stay healthy and make the most of your vacation plans:
- Get your flu shot. Flu infection numbers are the highest they’ve even been—protect yourself with your annual flu shot.
- Test for COVID-19. Before traveling to see loved ones, make sure to test yourself if you are feeling symptomatic.
- Wash your hands. And be sure to pack a travel-size hand sanitizer for those times when you don’t have access to soap and water.
- Make time for exercise. Spending hours on end in a car can put a crimp in your usual exercise regimen, so make it a point to incorporate movement into your rest stops.
- Stay hydrated. Airplanes have poor air circulation and low humidity, which can lead to dehydration. Make sure to carry water with you onto the plan or ask for water.
- Keep your stress levels down. Between making travel arrangements, wrapping up your work for the year, and trying to fit everything you need into a suitcase, you may be feeling overwhelmed, but it’s important to stay calm.
What Happens If You Get Sick?
Sometimes, no matter how many precautions you take, you still end up feeling under the weather. If that happens to you, you can turn to Jovive Health. We expertly treat a wide array of non-life-threatening illnesses, and we’ll do whatever we can to get you feeling better and back to enjoying your life as soon as possible.